ISI Parser Source Files

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Sun Feb 24 10:57:12 EST 2008

Dear Sheri,

I uploaded a new version of isi.exe at
http://www.leydesdorff.net/software/isi.exe
<blocked::http://www.leydesdorff.net/software/isi.exe>  which includes the
fields SC and ID. If anybody uses it and finds a bug, please, let me know.

Best wishes,

Loet

  _____

From: Sheri Ross [mailto:slw04f at fsu.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 7:13 PM
To: 'Loet Leydesdorff'
Subject: ISI Parser Source Files

Dear Dr. Leydesdorf,

Hello again from Florida State.  I hope you are well.  I have been busy
downloading data from ISI and parsing it with your program.  I noticed that
the parser does not pull out the keyword and subject information.  I'd like
to try to find a way to include these (SC and DE, and maybe ID) in the CORE
output file.  This type of data has a lot of analytical potential, I think.

Last June, you offered to send me the source files.  Would you please do so?
I'm certainly not a computer scientist, but I'm hoping it will be a matter
opening a text file, finding the correct pattern of code, copy/pasting a
section, and then replacing the field abbreviations.  If it's more
complicated than that - and it probably is - then, I'll try to get one of
our tech-focused faculty to assist me.

Also, there are a number of mystery fields with numerical data, e.g. BP, EP,
AR, PG, GA.  I've not been able to match them to anything in the displayed
record, nor have I been able to find a key to explain what they mean.  Do
you know where I might find such a key?

Thank you very much,

Sheri

Sheri V. T. Ross