[Siguse-l] Frustration and others negative affective feelings in Web navigation behaviors

Eszter Hargittai eszter at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 22 11:16:35 EDT 2003

The last issue of IT & Society (http://www.itandsociety.org ) was on Web
Navigation.  It has a piece on "Help! I'm Lost: User Frustration in Web
Navigation".  Moreover, my piece in that issue ("Serving Citizens' Needs:
Minimizing Online Hurdles to Accessing Government Information") has some
quotes from users in which they clearly express frustration and I also
outline various sources of frustration.  There are a few more papers that
deal with the issue of user behavior and frustration in the special issue,
I recommend taking a look at the above URL.

I realize these are not about _detecting_ frustration per se, but they may
still be relevant to your project.

Eszter

---
Eszter Hargittai http://www.eszter.com