[Sigsti-l] Tuesday session: Opening Science to All (read me for info about prizes!)

K.T. Vaughan ktlvaughan at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 21:54:29 EDT 2007

SIG STI Members:
Together with SIG BWP, we are offering an exciting program on Tuesday,
titled "Opening Science to All: Implications of Blogs and Wikis for
Social and Scholarly Scientific Communication."  We have speakers from
the science blogging and wiki communities who will be discussing
technical, scientific, and social implications of the open science
movement - Science 2.0, if you will.

Why do you care?

1: It's a very hot topic in both hard and information science right
now, and if you're on this list you're probably interested in at least
one of those areas!

2: If you come to the session, you will have a chance of winning a Gold
Package wiki from PBWiki - a $250 value.  See http://pbwiki.com for
information about PBWiki.  You have to be in the room at the time of
the drawing to win this package (it will be done during the session).

3: If you submit a question for the speakers via the conference wiki
(http://www.asis.org/wiki/AM07/index.php/Openingscience for this
session's page) you'll get an entry for a second Gold Package on
PBWiki.  You do NOT have to attend the conference to submit a question.

KT Vaughan
session organizer