High Time To Start Getting Serious About Open Access

David Wojick dwojick at CRAIGELLACHIE.US
Wed May 28 11:00:17 EDT 2014

Actually it is just $10 per issue, Stevan (500 divided by 50), so pretty
cheap. And while I am indeed just one individual, I pioneered the design of
Federal regulatory programs like the US Public Access program. See
http://davidwojick.blogspot.com/2014/03/engineer-tackles-regulatory-confusion.html.
I even have a diagnostic system of 126 kinds of confusion in such programs,
which is freely available at
http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2013/02/05/a-taxonomy-of-confusions/.
For that matter I have 30 Scholarly Kitchen articles, most of which are
about the US Public Access program, freely available at
http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/author/dwojick/, if people want to
sample my expertise. But the research costs money so I have to use a
subscription model. As the saying goes, somebody has to pay for the work.

Public Access is going to be a massive and complex program. One can get the
flavor of the emerging complexity from the new CHORUS Implementation Guide.
See http://chorusaccess.org/chorus-publisher-implementation-guide/. In fact
I will analyze this Guide for confusions in this week's issue of Inside
Public Access.

David

David Wojick, Ph.D.
Inside Public Access