FW: [SPF] The Annual Review of Statistics and Its Application Now Available Online!

Eugene Garfield eugene.garfield at THOMSONREUTERS.COM
Sun Jan 12 11:52:09 EST 2014

________________________________
   Subject: [SPF] The Annual Review of Statistics and Its Application Now Available Online!

[Annual Review of Statistics and Its Application]<http://sp2.actemarketing.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=5M104KEIIDKSXI4G00QHWD>

CURRENT EDITORIAL COMMITTEE

________________________________

Editor:

Stephen E. Fienberg,
Carnegie Mellon University

Associate Editors:

Nancy Reid,
University of Toronto

Stephen M. Stigler,
University of Chicago

Editorial Committee:

Lawrence D. Brown,
University of Pennsylvania

Ursula Gather,
Technische Universität Dortmund

Xihong Lin,
Harvard University

Thomas A. Louis,
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

Sylvia Richardson,
Cambridge University

Bernard W. Silverman,
UK Home Office

[http://www.annualreviews.org/userimages/ContentEditor/1291411637460/recommend_html_email.png]
<http://sp2.actemarketing.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=5M104KEIIDKSXI4G02QHWD>Recommend the Annual Review of Statistics and Its Application to your librarian for institutional access.

________________________________
[Annual Reviews New Journals]<http://sp2.actemarketing.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=5M104KEIIDKSXI4G03QHWD>

WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE OUR NEWEST JOURNAL THE ANNUAL REVIEW OF STATISTICS AND ITS APPLICATION IS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE.

Free online access to this journal is available until January 2015.

View the full Table of Contents for Volume 1.<http://sp2.actemarketing.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=5M104KEIIDKSXI4G04QHWD>

"In-depth work in areas of application lie at the core of modern statistics, and we hope to promulgate this cross-disciplinary perspective in the Annual Review of Statistics and Its Application. In this journal, we hope to publish reviews that will bring these modern ideas to statisticians and nonstatisticians alike. We also expect to include articles that focus on core statistical principles, lest these be lost in a sea of new methods and computational algorithms."
-Editor, Stephen E. Fienberg

Read the full introduction here.<http://sp2.actemarketing.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=5M104KEIIDKSXI4G05QHWD>

The 22 reviews in this volume inform statisticians, quantitative methodologists, and users of statistics more broadly about major methodological advances and the computational tools that allow for their implementation. Topics in this volume include methodological articles on Bayesian computational tools and Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) algorithms, as well as articles focused on statistical applications in ecology, climate modeling, brain imaging analysis, and the role of statistics in the discovery of a Higgs boson.

________________________________

STATISTICS ACROSS THE SCIENCES

In many Annual Reviews journals, one can find articles with major statistical applications and even expository articles about topics in statistical methodology. With this new journal, we hope to engage the readers of other Annual Reviews journals and to cross-link relevant review articles in both directions. At present, statistics interacts vigorously with astronomy, biology, engineering, geology, medicine and public health, and many social sciences, including political science, law, sociology, psychology, anthropology, archeology, and history. Indeed, we find that statistical methods and ideas are in use in virtually every intellectual field that involves data and quantitative reasoning about them.

Statistics is not just about the methodology in a particular application domain; it also focuses on how to go from the particular to the general and back to the particular again. In this journal, we aim to publish reviews that will bring these modern ideas to statisticians and nonstatisticians alike.

View the full Table of Contents for Volume 1.<http://sp2.actemarketing.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=5M104KEIIDKSXI4G06QHWD>

To stay up to date on the latest statistics review articles, find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. You can also visit www.annualreviews.org from your mobile device to view our mobile site.
[Annual Reviews on Facebook]<http://sp2.actemarketing.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=5M104KEIIDKSXI4G07QHWD> [Annual Reviews on Twitter] <http://sp2.actemarketing.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=5M104KEIIDKSXI4G08QHWD>

For more information, please contact us<mailto:marketing at annualreviews.org>.