OA

Stevan Harnad amsciforum at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 23 13:50:49 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM, David Wojick <dwojick at craigellachie.us>wrote:

> The USA has the lead here, as far as major funder mandates are concerned,
> and they have opted for a 12 month publisher embargo form of green OA. I
> have several articles on this at
>  http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/author/dwojick/
>
> Peter does not even discuss what is actually happening on the policy front.

On leads vs. lags and analysis vs argument, see:

*Revealing Dialogue on "CHORUS" with David Wojick, OSTI
Consultant<http://openaccess.eprints.org/index.php?/archives/1027-.html>
*

The exchange is preceded by the following note (by me):

*Note: *David Wojick <http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/about/> works part
time as the Senior Consultant for Innovation at
OSTI<http://www.osti.gov/home/>,
the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, in the Office of
Science of the US Department of Energy. He has a PhD in logic and
philosophy of science, an MA in mathematical logic, and a BS in civil
engineering. In the exchanges below, he sounds [to me] very much like a
publishing interest lobbyist, but judge for yourself. He also turns out to
have a rather curious [and to me surprising] history in environmental
matters <http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=David_E._Wojick>…

The topic continued (and continues) to be discussed on the Society for
Scholarly Publishing's blog, "The Scholarly
Kitchen<http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/about/>,"
where DW is a frequent contributor.

*DW:* "Peter Suber is a leader of the OA movement. His article is an
argument, not an analysis. He seems to be oblivious to what is actually
going on…. Happy OA week."

And a Happy OA week to DW too...

*Stevan Harnad*