advice requested

Vladimir Batagelj vladimir.batagelj at FMF.UNI-LJ.SI
Fri Dec 6 10:23:19 EST 2013

<<<-------- David Levi-Faur-------->>>

> Dear Colleagues,
> I am looking for advice and model/ example to follow in analyzing the
> emerging body of knowledge in a new field and a journal I am editing
> (Regulation
> &
> Governance<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1748-5991>).
> My aim is to capture and rank the most influential papers that were cited
> by the journal's authors.
> To do so I'll need to prepare a list of  all papers published in the
> journal and thereafter to follow the sources that they cite.  Does this
> seem reasonable way to go ?  if so how would you technically collect and
> connect the data collected ? And are you aware of similar analysis ?
>
> Thank you so much i advice

  See for example
    http://pajek.imfm.si/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=event:pdf:cite33.pdf
  and the attached PDF. The flow algorithm is not implemented in
  Pajek yet
    http://pajek.imfm.si/
  (there exists a prototype program in Python).

  Vlado
--
Vladimir Batagelj, University of Ljubljana, FMF, Department of Mathematics
  Jadranska 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia