Triple Helix tagging

Daigu info at DAIGU.NL
Sun Sep 30 07:43:28 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I am currently working on a small dataset from Web of Science with
approximately 10,000 unique affiliation-country pairs. The goal is to
indicate for each of these whether it's University, Industry or
Government. Surely I'm not the first person to do this, so this brings
to mind two questions:

[1] How did others assign U, I, or G to an affiliation? I have Googled
and found many articles, but no methodology description. E.g., for
universities it's rather straightforward. You search for the keyword
"univ" and correct for "universal". Industries also have indicative
keywords such as GmbH, Ltd, etc. But government? Anything with "Natl" in
the title?

[2] Does a repository of cleaned/harmonized WoS affiliations, preferably
with TH tagging, already exist? If not, would people be interested in
it? I'm more than willing to put my datasets online in a Wiki like
environment.

Kind regards,

ing. Nico Doranov
Technical Director / Data Steward

Daigu Academic Services & Data Stewardship
http://www.daigu.nl/

This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains
information that may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not
an intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail and
delete this e-mail and any attachments.