AW: [SIGMETRICS] Addresses on papers

Quentin Burrell quentinburrell at MANX.NET
Thu Jan 12 14:38:19 EST 2012

There will always be odd cases that do not conform.

For instance, after my retirement from the University of Manchester and my reappearance three years later at the Isle of Man International Business School I had no "affiliation", either paid or unpaid. Hence my minor contributions during that period carried only my home address. Hence the appearance of Ballabeg, Isle of Man on at least one of the Leydesdorff - Bornmann maps

http://www.leydesdorff.net/lis11/lis11.htm

There was also the recent posting on this or the ISSI list regarding certain Saudi institutions that were apparently "signing up" well known researchers on condition that the institution was added to affiliations in future publications.

I am sure that there are lots of similarly grey areas.

Quentin Burrell