Boyack, KW; Klavans, R. 2010. Co-Citation Analysis, Bibliographic Coupling, and Direct Citation: Which Citation Approach Represents the Research Front Most Accurately?. JASIST. 61 (12): 2389-2404

Johan Bollen jbollen at INDIANA.EDU
Sun Jan 9 09:59:43 EST 2011

Hi Kevin,

interesting discussion and work!

> Nevertheless, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to have
> more
> information on the actual working front.

I think that is where usage data comes into the picture. It's not the
end-all-be-all, but may provide some perspective on emerging trends/
working fronts.

Kind regards,

Johan.