[Thomson Reuters response to Larsen & von Ins (in press)]

ann.kushmerick at THOMSONREUTERS.COM ann.kushmerick at THOMSONREUTERS.COM
Tue May 4 09:05:59 EDT 2010

Please allow me to confirm and expand on Kim's comments. There are two
different datasets being discussed here.  The Science and Engineering
Indicators report produced by the US NSF
http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind08/ , uses journals from Science
Citation Index and Social Science Citation Index data, treated by ipIQ
as Kim explained.  This is not to be confused with the National Science
Indicators
<http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/science/science_products/a-
z/national_science_indicators>  product, produced by Thomson Reuters,
which is indeed based on the journal set found in Science Citation Index
Expanded (SCIE), as well as Social Science Citation Index, and Arts &
Humanities Citation Index.

Ann Kushmerick

Manager, Research Evaluation and Bibliometric Data

Thomson Reuters