bibliometric methods

Søren Find sf at VITIS.DTU.DK
Fri Mar 7 05:33:26 EST 2008

Dobri

I think you will find valuable information in this paper by dr. Wolfgang Glänzel:
Bibliometrics as a research field. A course on theory and application of bibliometric indicators.

http://www.norslis.net/2004/Bib_Module_KUL.pdf   (115 p)

Best Regards
Soren Find
Head of Department
DTU Analysis & Research Promotion Center, D'ARC
Technical University of Denmark
Anker Engelunds Vej 1
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby
Denmark

Telf.: +45 4525 7419
Email: sf at dtv.dk<mailto:sf at dtv.dk>

From: ASIS&T Special Interest Group on Metrics [mailto:SIGMETRICS at LISTSERV.UTK.EDU] On Behalf Of Dobri Georgievski
Sent: 6. marts 2008 01:00
To: SIGMETRICS at LISTSERV.UTK.EDU
Subject: [SIGMETRICS] bibliometric methods

Pardon my asking, are you aware of any article/monograph that lists, classifies and/or describes, in a systematic manner, all different bibliometric methods that are currently in use? (like: Citation analysis, bibliographic coupling, co-citation, citation context analysis, content analysis, publication analysis, co-word analysis ...). As a relative newbie to the field I'm only aware of Diodato's dictionary. Any other resources? Please!

Dobri