bibliometric methods

Morris, Steven (BA) Steven.Morris at BAKERHUGHES.COM
Thu Mar 6 08:48:50 EST 2008

Dobri,

The following review may be of use to you:

Morris, S. A. & Van der Veer Martens, B. (2008). Mapping research
specialties. Annual Review of Information Science and Technology, Volume
42. pp 213-295

Section 3 of this review attempts a systematic description of the many
methods used for descriptive bibliometrics.  It's fairly easy to put all
those methods into a unified framework, but the real challenge is trying
to decide which aspect of a research specialty that each bibliometric
method measures.

Please email me directly if you need a preprint:
steven.morris at bakerhughes.com

Thanks kindly,

Steve Morris

Steven A. Morris, Ph.D

Strategic Technology and Advanced Research

Resistivity and NMR Measurements

Baker-Atlas/INTEQ

Houston Technology Center

2001 Rankin Road, Houston, Texas 77073

Office: 713-625-5055, Cell: 832-296-7819