Hellsten, I et al, Self-citation networks as traces of scientific careers PROCEEDINGS OF ISSI 2007: 11TH INTL. CONF. OF THE ISSI, VOLS I AND II 365-367, 2007

Fri Jan 11 09:36:12 EST 2008

Email address: iina.hellsten at vks.knaw.nl

Author(s): Hellsten, I (Hellsten, Iina); Lambiotte, R (Lambiotte, Renaud);
Scharnhorst, A (Scharnhorst, Andrea); Ausloss, M (Ausloss, Marcel)

Title: Self-citation networks as traces of scientific careers

Editor(s): TorresSalinas, D; Moed, HF

Source: PROCEEDINGS OF ISSI 2007: 11TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE
INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR SCIENTOMETRICS AND INFORMETRICS, VOLS I AND II
365-367, 2007

Language: English
Document Type: Article

Conference Title: 11th International Conference of the International-
Society-for-Scientrometrics-and-Informetrics

Conference Date: JUN 25-27, 2007
Conference Location: Madrid, SPAIN

Conference Sponsors: Int Soc Scientrometr & Informetr, CSIC, Minist Educ &
Ciencia, FECYT, Comunidad Madrid, Eugene Garfield Fdn, Thomson Sci,
Elsevier, Journal Informetr, Scopus, Ayuntamiento Madrid, Sci Metrix, Univ
Carlos III Madrid

Author Keywords: self-citation; network; field mobility; co-authorship;
keywords

KeyWords Plus: ACADEMIC DISCIPLINES; KNOWLEDGE DOMAINS; SCIENCE;
NETHERLANDS; SPECIALTIES; PHYSICISTS; MIGRATION; EVOLUTION; MOBILITY

Addresses: VKS KNAW, Royal Netherlands Acad Arts & Sci, Amsterdam, NL-1019
AT Netherlands.

Publisher Name: INT SOC SCIENTOMETRICS & INFORMETRICS-ISSI
Publisher Address: KATHOLIEKE UNIV LEUVEN, FACULTEIT E T E W, DEKENSTRAAT
2, LEUVEN, B-3000, BELGIUM

Cited Reference Count: 34

BARABASI AL
Evolution of the social network of scientific collaborations.
PHYSICA A 311 : 590 2002

 BORNER K
Visualizing knowledge domains
ANNU REV INFORM SCI 37 : 179 2003

 BORNER K
Studying the emerging global brain: analyzing and visualizing the impact
of co-authorship teams
COMPLEXITY 10 : 57 2005

 BOYACK KW
Mapping the backbone of science
SCIENTOMETRICS 64 : 351 2005

 BRUCKNER E
The Application of evolution models in scientometrics
SCIENTOMETRICS 18 : 21 1990

 BURGER M
OSCILLATIONS TRAVELI : 565 1985

 CHEN CM
MAPPING SCI FRONTIER : 2003

 EBERLING W
CZECHOSLOVAK J PHY B 36 : 43 1986

 GARFIELD E
Why do we need algorithmic histiography
J AM SOC INF SCI TEC 54 : 400 2003

 GARFIELD E
Historiographic mapping of knowledge domains literature
JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SCIENCE 30 : 119 2004

 GARFIELD E
THEORY LIBRARIANSHIP : 380 1973

 GILBERT GN
SOC SCI INFORM 16 : 102 1977

 HARGENS LL
Migration patterns of US Ph.D.s among disciplines and specialities
SCIENTOMETRICS 9 : 145 1986

 LAMBIOTTE R
On the genre-fication of music: a percolation approach
EUROPEAN PHYSICAL JOURNAL B 50 : 183 2006

 LAMBIOTTE R
Uncovering collective listening habits and music genres in bipartite
networks
PHYS REV E 2 7206 : 6107 2005

 LEPAIR C
Switching between academic disciplines in the Netherlands
SCIENTOMETRICS 2 : 177 1980

 LEYDESDORFF L
Dimensions of citation analysis
SCI TECHNOL 15 : 305 1990

 MACROBERTS M
J AM SOC INFORM SCI 40 : 342 1988

 METUCHEN NJ
ESSAYS INFORM SCI 2 : 136 1974

 MORILLO F
Interdisciplinarity in science: a tentative typology of disciplines and
research areas
J AM SOC INF SCI TEC 54 : 1237 2003

 NEWMAN MEJ
The structure of scientific collaboration networks
P NATL ACAD SCI USA 98 : 404 2001

 PERSSON O
Locating the network of interacting authors in scientific specialities
SCIENTOMETRICS 33 : 351 1995

 PIERCE SJ
Boundary crossing in research literatures as a means of interdisciplinary
information transfer
J AM SOC INFORM SCI 50 : 271 1999

 REDNER S
Citation statistics from 110 years of physical review
PHYS TODAY 58 : 49 2005

 RINIA EJ
Measuring knowledge transfer between fields of science
SCIENTOMETRICS 54 : 347 2002

 SCHARNHORST A
INTEGRATIVE SYSTEMS : 505 2001

 URATA H
Information flow among scientific disciplines in Japan
SCIENTOMETRICS 18 : 309 1990

 URBAN D
Mobility and the growth of science
SOC STUD SCI 12 : 409 1982

 VANHOUTEN J
Migration of physicists to other academic disciplines: situation in the
Netherlands
SCIENTOMETRICS 5 : 257 1983

 VANRAAN AFJ
Performance-related differences of bibliometric statistical properties of
research groups: cumulative advantages and hierarchically layered networks
J AM SOC INF SCI TEC 57 : 1919 2006

VLACHY J
Mobility if physics - a bibliography of occupational, geographic and field
mobility of physicists
CZECH J PHYS 31 : 669 1981

 WAGNERDOEBLER R
MATH LOGIK 1847 GEGE : 1993