Gomez, I et al,Structure and research performance of Spanish universities PROCEEDINGS OF ISSI 2007: 11TH INTL. CONF. OF THE ISSI, VOLS I AND II 335-345, 2007

Thu Jan 10 13:49:23 EST 2008

Email address: igomez at cindoc.csic.es

Author(s): Gomez, I (Gomez, Isabel); Bordons, M (Bordons, Maria);
Fernandez, MT (Fernandez, M. Teresa); Morillo, F (Morillo, Fernanda)

Title: Structure and research performance of Spanish universities

Editor(s): TorresSalinas, D; Moed, HF

Source: PROCEEDINGS OF ISSI 2007: 11TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE
INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR SCIENTOMETRICS AND INFORMETRICS, VOLS I AND II
335-345, 2007

Language: English
Document Type: Article

Conference Title: 11th International Conference of the International-
Society-for-Scientrometrics-and-Informetrics

Conference Date: JUN 25-27, 2007

Conference Location: Madrid, SPAIN

Conference Sponsors: Int Soc Scientrometr & Informetr, CSIC, Minist Educ &
Ciencia, FECYT, Comunidad Madrid, Eugene Garfield Fdn, Thomson Sci,
Elsevier, Journal Informetr, Scopus, Ayuntamiento Madrid, Sci Metrix, Univ
Carlos III Madrid

Author Keywords: research performance; universities; Spain; bibliometric
indicators
Abstract: The aim of this paper is to describe Spanish universities by
means of structural, input and output indicators, to explore the
relationship between those indicators and to analyse university behaviour
in different dimensions. Age of the universities and environmental
conditions are taken into account, together with input and output
indicators, as well as others related to the networks and links
established. Our results will contribute to the knowledge of the research
university system in Spain, producing data that could be useful for
research management both at the institutional, regional and national
level.

Addresses: Spanish Res Council CSIC, CINDOC, Madrid, 28002 Spain.

Publisher Name: INT SOC SCIENTOMETRICS & INFORMETRICS-ISSI
Publisher Address: KATHOLIEKE UNIV LEUVEN, FACULTEIT E T E W, DEKENSTRAAT
2, LEUVEN, B-3000, BELGIUM

Cited Reference Count: 9

FUNDING RES DIVERSIT : 2003

 *SJTU
ACAD RANK WORLD U 20 : 2005

 *THES

WORLD U RANK WHO IS : 2005
 DEMIGUEL J
EXCELENCIA CALIDAD U : 2001

 GOMEZ I
RADIOGRAFIA INVESTIG : 2006

 LEYDESDORFF L
The Triple Helix on university-industry-government relations.
SCIENTOMETRICS 58 : 191 2003

 MOED HF
200601 CWTS : 2006

 NARIN F
SCIENTIFIC COOPERATION IN EUROPE AND THE CITATION OF MULTINATIONALLY
AUTHORED PAPERS
SCIENTOMETRICS 21 : 313 1991

 ZITT M
Potential science-technology spillovers in regions: An insight on
geographic co-location of knowledge activities in the EU
SCIENTOMETRICS 57 : 295 2003