question

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Mon Jan 29 03:01:50 EST 2007

Dear colleagues,

One would expect a within-field effect and a between-field effect. If fields
have a practice of having longer reference lists (e.g., biochemistry vs.
mathematics) than one might expect an average higher citation rate. Ali
Uzun's study obviously focuses on the within-field effect (scientometrics).
It would be interesting if this were tested for a number of fields.

With best wishes,

Loet

Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam
Tel.: +31-20- 525 6598; fax: +31-20- 525 3681
loet at leydesdorff.net ; http://www.leydesdorff.net/