Impact factor studies to evaluate full-text databases, esp. Proquest

Stephen J Bensman notsjb at LSU.EDU
Wed Mar 9 09:13:36 EST 2005

I have done analyses of Proquest and Ebsco databases for possible
subscription by the Louisiana academic library network.  In particular, I
analyzed the following databases: EBSCO Academic Search Elite, InfoTrac
OneFile, and ProQuest Academic Research Library Core.  In general, I found
these databases to contain journals of the more popular type that would not
be very amenable to citation analysis.  A far better measure would be
numbers of libraries holding these journals.  If you want to look at what I
did, I can send you my reports.  Please contact me directly at
notsjb at lsu.edu, so we won't have to bother the rest of the list about these
analyses.

SB

Carlos Vílchez Román <adm1 at VIABCP.COM>@listserv.utk.edu> on 03/09/2005
06:43:18 AM

Please respond to ASIS&T Special Interest Group on Metrics
       <SIGMETRICS at listserv.utk.edu>

Sent by:    ASIS&T Special Interest Group on Metrics
       <SIGMETRICS at listserv.utk.edu>