Impact factor studies to evaluate full-text databases, esp. Proquest

Carlos Vílchez Román adm1 at VIABCP.COM
Wed Mar 9 07:43:18 EST 2005

Dear colleagues,

Sorry if this has been posted before.

Right now we are evaluating the subscription to
two full-text databases (Proquest and Ebsco) and
the criteria are focused on support for HTML, PDF,
help screen and similar stuff.

Certainly they are important, but I think it would
be better if we can estimate the proportion of the
journal (of these databases) included in ISI indexes
or which of these has the high impact factor. For that
reason I ask you if know any study focused on the im-
pact factor (total & average) of the Proquest journals.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Carlos Vilchez-Román