SV: [SIGMETRICS] Qualitative citation analysis?

Kirkegaard Nielsen, Brian BKN at DB.DK
Wed Jan 14 03:24:21 EST 2004

Dear Bernie

Apart from the references mentioned by others I believe it could be
inspiring to look at two review articles:

Small, H. G. (1982). Citation context analysis. Norwood, N. J. (red.)
Progress in communication science, 3, 287-310

Liu, M. (1993). Progress in documentation the complexities of citation
practice : a review of citation studies. Journal of Documentation, 49(4),
370-408.

Let me know if this was helpful in answering your question.

With kind regards

Brian Kirkegaard
Department of Information Studies
Royal School of Library & Information Science, Aalborg Branch
Sohngaardsholmsvej 2, DK-9000 Aalborg, DENMARK
Tel. +45 98157922, Direct Tel. +45 98773049, Fax. +45 98151042
E-mail: bkn at db.dk