[Sigia-l] Explain IA

Peter Morville morville at semanticstudios.com
Mon Jan 11 08:13:11 EST 2010

Hi Everyone,

On behalf of the IA Institute (http://iainstitute.org/), I'm pleased to announce Explain IA. In this contest, you are invited to explain information architecture. What is it? Why is it important? What does it mean to you? Some folks may offer a definition in 140 characters or less, while others will use this opportunity to tell a story (using text, pictures, audio, and/or video) about their relationship to information architecture. Anyone can enter, but only IA Institute members can vote for the winners.

For details and to enter the contest, please see our Flickr group page:

	http://www.flickr.com/groups/explainia/

There, you can also learn about our exciting prizes which include:

	$1,000 grand prize
	$500 best video award
	$500 best diagram award

Plus, you can win virtual seminars, user experience books, a free pass to the IA Summit, and more...

So, please join me in thanking our generous sponsors, including the IA Institute, Endeca, nForm, Semantic Studios, User Interface Engineering, ASIS&T, Rosenfeld Media, EightShapes, and O'Reilly Media for making this possible.

Spread the word. Enter the contest. And, help us to Explain IA.

Thanks!

Peter Morville