[Sigia-l] NavArts Looking to Hire 2 IAs

Kelley McDonald kmcdonald at navigationarts.com
Thu Sep 11 15:35:02 EDT 2008

Hello –

I’m Kelley McDonald, the Director of User Experience at NavigationArts, a full-service Internet strategy and consulting firm based in McLean, VA. We currently employ close to 50 professionals and we specialize in user experience design and information architecture. I’m looking to immediately hire both a Senior Information Architect and Information Architect. I would greatly appreciate it if you would post the following descriptions for each position on your job board.

Senior Information Architect

Full-time, permanent position

Job Description

The Senior Information Architect (SIA) leads the project team during all phases of our user-centered design process. The SIA displays expertise in more than one user experience domain skill and applies this expertise to lead project teams and mentor other members of the user experience team.

Job duties:

- Leads analysis and ensures that work addresses key research questions and remains grounded in project/client objectives. Develops relevant representations (models) of experience, and constructs a meaningful overall user-centered story line.
- Leads content requirement, develops organizations and conceptual models and crafts high-level interaction. Creates voice and tone requirements and messaging strategy based on brand promise and experience research. Leads the development and manages content matrix. Scopes and manages content design level of effort on the project, Content Design schedule and timeline.
- Leads and acts as a point of contact for Content Design on the project.
- Determines the structure, plan, and user experience of a project and leads the translation of experience research to design.
- Leads the definition of functionality, navigation, interaction and architecture to ensure it reflects the research and modeling
- Translates business and user experience requirements into functional definitions and interface recommendations.
Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or Advanced degree
Minimum 5 years of related work experience
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Excellent problem-framing and argument-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to speak appropriately to a variety of audiences
- Ability to think creatively about business problems and to connect research insights to internet-based solutions
- Excellent skills in concept development and design implementation
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in client management and business development

The SIA is a vital member of our collaborative user experience team and must be able to work in our offices in McLean, VA; therefore we are only interested in candidates in the Washington DC metro area.

About NavigationArts
NavigationArts is a full-service Internet strategy and consulting firm specializing in user experience design and information architecture. We help companies transform the way they do business by integrating strategic, creative, and technical disciplines into powerful solutions that optimize business processes. We differentiate ourselves by our ability to convert complex information and transactional processes into highly intuitive user experiences that drive value for our clients.

How to Apply
Please send your resume with links to at least three recent Web projects and salary requirements to kmcdonald at navigationarts.com.

Information Architect

Full-time, permanent position

Job Description

The Information Architect (IA) leads the project team during the information architecture phase of our user-centered design process. Often, the IA is teamed with a Senior Information Architect (SIA) on larger engagements but serves as the sole information architect on smaller engagements.

Job Duties:

- Define, characterize and prioritize the site audience segments
- Gather the communication and functional objectives by leading client working sessions, reviewing the competitive landscape
- Organize content and develop categories, naming schemes and navigational hierarchies
- Team with art directors and engineers to create effective and intuitive user interfaces
- Create user flows, schematic drawings and documentation to illustrate the structure and functionality of a project
- Familiar with technical issues around web development and ability to work constructively with engineering teams

Job Qualifications:

- BA or BS degree
- Three or more years of successful experience in information architecture field
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Excellent problem-framing and argument-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to speak appropriately to a variety of audiences
- Ability to think creatively about business problems and to connect research insights to internet-based solutions
- Excellent skills in concept development and design implementation
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously

The IA is a vital member of our collaborative user experience team and must be able to work in our offices in McLean, VA; therefore we are only interested in candidates in the Washington DC metro area.

About NavigationArts
NavigationArts is a full-service Internet strategy and consulting firm specializing in user experience design and information architecture. We help companies transform the way they do business by integrating strategic, creative, and technical disciplines into powerful solutions that optimize business processes. We differentiate ourselves by our ability to convert complex information and transactional processes into highly intuitive user experiences that drive value for our clients.

How to Apply
Please send your resume with links to at least three current Web projects and salary requirements to kmcdonald at navigationarts.com.

.............. ...........................................

Kelley McDonald
Director of User Experience

NavigationArts
7901 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 400
McLean, VA 22102

Tel: 703.584.8938 (NavigationArts)
Tel: 703.863.0549 (Cell)

http://www.navigationarts.com

Architects of the User Experience

Please consider the environment before printing this email