[Sigia-l] Job: Information Architect-Midtown Manhattan, NYC

Laura Hunter laura.hunter at vividresources.com
Thu Sep 11 14:28:50 EDT 2008

My client is the online e-commerce pioneer.  They created the first online
retail site in the world.  That was in 1994 and for more than 14 years they
have delivered solutions, systems and insights that provide bottom line
value to their clients.  Added to that, they happen to be a group of the
nicest, smartest and most talented professionals in the industry.  All that
combined and you have a great company cocktail!

Currently, they need an Information Architect for their NYC office.

You are sharp, warm, energetic and excited about IA.  You have high
standards and an excellent work ethic.  You want your voice to be heard and
your work to be recognized!  You care about what you do and who you do it
with.  You enjoy working in Visio and think creating personas a creative and
enjoyable endeavor.  Wireframes are your friends. :-)

OK, Cool!  So here's a basic description of the work you'll be doing and the
more technical qualifications.  Just a note, this is a mid - senior
opportunity so title and compensation depends on your level of experience.
Salary, benefits and bonus are highly competitive!

 Information Architect-
Position Summary
Information Architects help create innovative, usable Web solutions for our
clients. Our Information Architects work with our clients to understand
their business models and goals and to define strategies and approaches for
reaching them. They then work with the design team to create Web sites that
will communicate effectively with and be usable for their intended
audiences.

Responsibilities

*	Leads or participates in Discovery Workshop with clients to
understand their business models and goals and help define strategy,
content, and features for design of their web sites
*	Analyzes audiences and their information and functional needs
*	Participates in and/or leads consulting engagements
*	Researches and analyzes industry trends and competitor sites, when
necessary
*	Collaborates with project teams to: define site architecture and
navigation, map out user flow and experience and define high-level
interaction
*	Responsible for project documentation including, but not limited to
Requirements document, Strategic Brief, Competitor and Market Analysis,
Heuristic Evaluations, Wire-frames, Site Maps, Content Categorization and
Taxonomies
*	Develops usability test plan and conducts ongoing usability testing
and assessment
*	Defines metrics for assessing ROI
*	Develop White Papers
*	Acts as user advocate
*	When acting as a lead on a project, delegates responsibility for
deliverables as necessary and provides required feedback
*	Play leadership role in sales activities

Requirements

*	Minimum 3 years directly related information design and strategy
experience
*	Portfolio review and presentation required
*	Bachelors Degree in human factors, HCI, information design,
industrial design or related area
*	Strong knowledge of site design and usability principles, issues and
techniques
*	Previous experience designing complex web sites
*	Ability to analyze customer needs and define strategies for meeting
them
*	Ability to organize large bodies of information
*	Proficiency with VISIO and MS Office suite
*	Familiarity with database design
*	Experience with usability test design and implementation preferred
*	Ability to work with design team in a collaborative, dynamic
environment
*	Professional customer-relation skills and commitment to customer
service
*	Excellent written communication and presentation skills
*	Strong client education skills
*	Team-building skills

 If you think this sound like you, shoot me your resume and work samples.
I'll contact you with a time for us to calendar a call.  I can tell you that
every person I have ever placed with my client has gained a tremendous
amount of valuable work experience unlike anywhere else.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Warm regards,

Laura Hunter

Laura Hunter

Vivid Resources

office-559-684-1070

cell-559-303-9018

fax-559-684-0820

laura.hunter at vividresources.com

www.vividresources.com

 <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/2160.html> What lies behind us and
what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson