[Sigia-l] Tag separators in text fields - standardise please

sfensore at kent.edu sfensore at kent.edu
Thu Jul 31 11:41:42 EDT 2008

> 71% of your 577 unique tags are single words
>      That's unique tags - my 79% was of applied tags (thus including
> tags I use more than once). Doing a similar re-comparison with mine:
>      78% of my 600 unique Flickr tags are single words
>
> Paola

So, that leaves anywhere between 21-29% (the multi-word tags) left to be ambiguous (based on this very small sample).  Any way you look at it, that's a huge margin to allow error.

-- Sue

- - - - - - - -

2008 ASIS&T Annual Meeting
People Transforming Information - Information Transforming People
October 24-29, 2008, Columbus, Ohio

- - - - - - - -

Susan L. Fensore
MLIS, 2004
Webmaster, Facemaster, and Immediate Past President, Rho Chapter, Beta Phi Mu Honor Society
http://betaphimu.slis.kent.edu/Index.htm
Reference Desk, Avon Lake Public Library
http://www.alpl.org
sfensore at kent.edu
Facebook: Sue Fensore
Facebook: Beta Phi Mu - Rho Chapter
Associate, Copyright Clearance Services, Kent State University

“Failure isn't the falling down; it's the not getting up again.” – Ted Morris

"Think gently, speak gently, live gently." - Mattie Stepanek