[Sigia-l] Tag separators in text fields - standardise please

Paola Kathuria paola at limov.com
Thu Jul 31 11:27:32 EDT 2008

Scott Nelson wrote:
> Paola Kathuria wrote:
>
>> 71% of your 577 unique tags are single words
>
> And the conclusion, in relation to your original question relating to
> tag entry formats?

Louise Hewitt and you had asked:
 > Are these percentages a result of user preference or user difficulty?

I conclude that you of your tags, over 70% were single words because
they're the tags you wanted and not because the tag entry UI hindered
the entry of phrases.

My sample of two supports my guesstimate that 80% of tags are
single word. Thus my earlier question: if [7]0% was the average
for single-word tags, would you really still argue for commas
as separators when people enter a series of tags on a web site?

I'm repeating myself. Nothing else to add. Enough already.

Paola