[Sigia-l] Tag separators in text fields - standardise please

Louise Hewitt louise at semantico.com
Thu Jul 31 04:38:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

interesting topic,

anyone thought about non-english speakers or alternative alphabets?

I know we all like to pretend it doesn't matter, but there are quite a
lot of people in China after all it seems.

perhaps the carriage return is the best method, with forms that accept
one term at a time and then collect the next following a carriage
returns? That would give the semantic web a good kickstart in being
able to tag with more specific attributes than single word terms, and
re-use a familiar action that has been used for years by anyone
involved in data entry for years (and that's a lot of people). And to
my mind it's pretty universal.

Cheers,

Louise.