[Sigia-l] Recommendations on Chat Tools for Intranet

Ruth Kaufman ruth.kaufman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:18:32 EST 2008

Adrian,

I have had good experiences with the newer Lotus applications including
Sametime (for instant messaging), web conferencing, and social software.
They're not cumbersome like some of the older Lotus packages that some of us
have had the pleasure of experiencing, and they're very powerful and
integrated. IBM also has an offering called something like ThinkJam -- or
Jam sessions... forgot the real name. I don't see it discussed on their web
site, but if you have a relationship with IBM, you can ask about it. It's a
forum that supports collaboration -- usually run as a moderated event over
the course of a few days or a week. Moderators post questions and users
"jam" by answering them and participating in discussion threads.

(Disclosure: I'm a former IBMer.)

HTH,
Ruth