[Sigia-l] Simplicity

Antoine.Valot at ins.com Antoine.Valot at ins.com
Mon Mar 12 12:59:07 EDT 2007

Ziya,

I'm speaking from the outside, of course, but this is exactly the kind
of place where "goals, not tasks" can save the day.

Presumably, the business has an underlying goal: Make money. No matter
how complex the "process", it is somehow connected to making money. Try
forgetting the process, and looking at the goal. If you were to try to
achieve the goal, using a beginner's mind, what would you do?

If this is too high-level, then go down one level... but if you've got
seemingly irreducible complexity, then I would advocate for raising the
level of the discussion.

Antoine Valot  |  Senior Information Architect / Business Analyst  |  BT
INS  |  Cell: 303.995.5618  |  Email: antoine.valot at bt.com

This electronic message contains information from BT INS, Inc, which may
be privileged or confidential.  The information is intended for use only
by the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify me by telephone
or email (to the number or email address above) immediately.

Activity and use of the BT INS, Inc  e-mail system is monitored to
secure its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes.
Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be
recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business
purposes.

BT INS Inc, 1600 Memorex Drive, Suite 200, Santa Clara California
95050-2842  United States