[Sigia-l] Just for you women out there

Stew Dean stewdean at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 12:38:10 EDT 2007

On 08/06/07, Ziya Oz <listera at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Paola Kathuria:
>
> > it's not a big leap to pinkify laptops
>
> iPods are 'pinkified' too. But, c'mon, look at a pink iPod and then look at
> this monstrosity. It's not just the color. The whole thing just grosses me
> out. I'd rather glue a brown Zune to my head than look at this, wouldn't
> you?

You are not the person that this product is targeted out.

> I'd easily pay $500 to be able to sit in on the meetings where its design
> and branding were conducted. How many anthropologist were slain to come up
> with that gender-cultural insight?

>From an cultural point of view this thing is on the money for many
from what I've seen. Even a casual dip into latest Japanese culture
will tell you this thing is downright tastefull compared to current
trends.

Anyway I'm doing user experience, not fashion, I care that the person
who uses what I do on what ever device I'm working on can be happy. If
they want that device in pink - that's fine by me.  Why does it matter
to you?

> Did their focus groups use eye tracking
> equipment? Did they make paper prototypes? :-)

Too far off target to be funny, sorry.

--
Stewart Dean