[Sigia-l] Just for you women out there

Stew Dean stewdean at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 12:30:33 EDT 2007

On 08/06/07, Ziya Oz <listera at earthlink.net> wrote:
> (Some days I despair and am ashamed to be even in the design biz.)
>
> NEC is a $10 billion Japanese multi-national IT company whose tagline is
> "Empowered by innovation." See for yourself:
>
> <http://www.necam.com/>
>
> If you ever need a slide in your presentations to demonstrate... well, I
> can't even find the words:
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/2tu3jv>
>
> "... we're hoping to attract women with this product."
>
> Who can defend this?

What is there to defend?  It's a Hello Kitty gem encrusted pink laptop
- idea for those who want a pink gem encrusted Hello Kitty item. If
people want that kind of item then why not make it available.  If you
think it's somehow sexist then I'd point you to Ferrari laptops as an
example of the other end of the scale (although not as extreme).

I don't know about you but I'm not here to set tastes and behavours,
I'm here to help people do what they want and be happier about it
(prvoviding it's not illegal, immoral or goes against my personal
beliefs - no tobacco companies for example).

Hey I wouldn't buy one but if someone wants that - well it makes the
world a bit more diverse, not a bad thing.

--
Stewart Dean