[Sigia-l] Just for you women out there

Emily Leahy-Thieler eleahy_thieler at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 10:10:11 EDT 2007

I have to admit something: I like pink. Looking at the Hello Kitty laptop makes me happy. I don't know why, but there is a subconscious effect that  pink has on my brain. And as a professional woman, I've struggled with my urge to put Hello Kitty tchotchis on my desk. I wouldn't want my coworkers to infer that I'm silly, incapable, and dim. But, in all seriousness, do the color pink and cute things in general have to mean weakness? Are the standard colors for laptops (black, gray, and white) just a reminder that the technology world has been dominated by men? Can't we be brilliant, powerful women and still love cute, pink things? There are many ways to be feminine and many ways to be powerful. We can be both.

*E