[Sigia-l] It's started

Christopher Fahey chris.fahey at behaviordesign.com
Mon Jun 4 09:31:52 EDT 2007

> I'm not a cellphone user at all, but I can't remember any
> cell commercial in the U.S. that leverages its UI.

I think this is true. When they're not simply selling plans regardless
of hardware or software, which 90% of mobile ads do, they usually
enumerate features and style.

> Why do you think Apple took a different path with the
> iPhone, with an uncharacteristic emphasis on interface?

Because for the first time in human history a mobile phone manufacturer
saw the UI as something much more than an afterthought to the hardware
and software feature sets. For the iPhone, the UI is almost certainly
the first thing they worked on, not the last.

-Cf

Christopher Fahey
Behavior
http://www.behaviordesign.com