[Sigia-l] When will you buy one?

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 01:36:56 EDT 2007

On 6/3/07, Ziya Oz <listera at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I always wanted/expected this to somehow/someday just work. There have been
> all kinds of lower-end (Apple/free) and higher-end (HP, Cisco/expensive)
> attempts. Gas prices keep going up. Greens are everywhere. Airline travel is
> an abysmal process. We had 9/11. Everyone seems to have a PC and broadband.
> And yet, people still meet electronically in miniscule numbers. What gives?
> Are we not suited for this as a species? Pheromones? Technology?

The meetings in question are an ideal candidate for fully electronic
presentation; picture 30 kilograms of documentation per delegate, beng
referred to in a more or less linear fashion through the course of a
three day meeting, with annotations being made throughout that need to
be incorporated into the minutes.

When I say "electronic meeting" people think "net meeting" - and while
people do come from all over Australia for these things, it is more
that the sheer waste of electronic preparation, printing to hard copy,
then digitising annotations and decisions, then printing another set
of documents for a sub-committee, then digitising the decisions of
that body, then... you get the picture :)

Cheers, Andrew

---
Andrew Boyd
http://facibusreviews.com