[Sigia-l] explaining IA

Jon Lebkowsky jon.lebkowsky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 10:59:13 EST 2007

I can relate to the evolving explanation thing. I had avoided using
terms like "information architecture" and "user experience" until
recently, because I was focusing more on the broader development work
of our small consulting company. We didn't really think potential
clients (in our case mostly small to medium organizations) would get
those terms as part of our elevator speech or as line items on the
budget for site development.  I recently had an epiphany about that,
though. I decided that clarifying the meaning and value of IA could
have a very positive impact on project communications going forward.
So far that seems to be the case.

~ Jon

Jon Lebkowsky
jon.lebkowsky at gmail.com