[Sigia-l] explaining IA

David Malouf dave.ixd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 08:54:51 EST 2007

Now, depending on your audience, what is the difference between:
IA, Business Analysis, System Architect, User Experience Architect,
User Interface Designer, Usability Engineer and Interaction Design?
(to name a few).

Now I could see how this question may be irrelevant to your needs
right now, but just since this is a discussion list and all ...

It does sound like your phrasing below could be any of that. Nothing
particular very "I" in the IA definition you propose.

-- dave

On 2/14/07, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> I found myself writing another brief explanation of what I do: "I do
> information architecture
> consulting, and what that really means is that I help people work out
> product ideas in enough detail to start getting the coders involved."
>
> :) haha, it's funny how my explanations of what it is I do keep evolving...
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Find 10000s of videoblogs and podcasts at http://mefeedia.com
> my blog: http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/
> my job: http://petervandijck.net
> IA Summit 2007:  Enriching IA
> Rich Information, Rich Interaction, Rich Relationships
> March 22-26, 2007, Las Vegas, NV
> www.iasummit.org
> -----
> *Plain text, please; NO Attachments