[Sigia-l] site redesign sales proposals

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 23 15:48:08 EDT 2007

Eric Reiss:

> Suddenly, the words and numbers have been twisted so that a fairly
> straightforward product is expected to perform strategic miracles it was never
> designed to address.

Then explain just what it was designed to do, if it's not a tool only for
simple problem spaces. You made pretty wide claims, see below.

I'm not at all targeting your product, which I know nothing about. I am
simply questioning the very notion that in 20 hours one can create strategy
and blueprint that then determines the fate of a substantial project, as you
claim.

> Of course, if we are not geniuses, then our clients are suckers and
> we are frauds. I choose to ignore this potential insult and would
> suggest that we retire this thread gracefully.

Look, you're the one who said if a consultant can't create strategy and
blueprint for a project in 20 hours, then he's potentially fleecing the
client:

"After 20 hours of investigation, thinking, and discussion, it's
generally possible to provide solid recommendations and suggest a
realistic project roadmap. And if someone can't then I'd love to hear
how they justify their high fees.

Above all else, you have GOT to provide value for money."

You are clearly saying above that if after 20 hours a consultant can't do
what your tool does, then he's either charging too high a fee or not
providing enough value for the money. I take issue with that.

I explained why, on substantial problem spaces, this is utter nonsense. I'd
love to hear why you think otherwise, not accusations of insults and
strawmen.

I'm interested in this issue personally because, as a consultant I don't
want a client tell me, "Here's $5K, come back in 20 hours and tells us how
we're going to solve this problem." I'd rather you get more money for your
efforts and/or more time.

"Every problem comes from a solution."