[Sigia-l] IAI (now including small correction)

Listera listera at rcn.com
Sun Mar 12 14:45:43 EST 2006

Donna Maurer:

> This makes no sense whatsoever

I'll parse it out for you then.

The president of an organization who rarely posts anything on SIGIA-L except
to promote his own commercial/promotional activities rudely declares this
list (that beget his own org) dead and unworthy while promoting his for-fee
alternative. What's in comparison here can only be the two lists and not the
sundry benefits Eric subsequently plugged. Hence my references to a shoe
store and Florida property that have nothing to do with a restaurant/mailing
list, the sole point of possible comparison.

If you think this is peachy and not an embarrassing, unprofessional act and,
as a member, you are proud of what your president did, then of course
there's not much to discuss further.

> So, for people interested in IA and looking around in the public web, how
> should the IA field be judged? By the quality of the IAI website or the tone
> of this list...

For one, you can join this list without having to pay to find out and your
posts are not censored as in the other list. Others have complained about
the quality of IAI website, as being embarrassing given its focus and
mission. I don't know the site so I can't comment on it.

----
Ziya

Design is doing for a dime what anyone can do for a dollar.