[Sigia-l] Being considerate of others (Off Topic Posts)

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Mar 8 21:18:20 EST 2006

> I'd like to hear about...

It's very difficult when the poster complains about what others are posting
but restricts the majority of his own posts to doggedly attacking a single
member and not creating new threads he himself would find interesting, as
I'm sure the archives would reveal.

> That's much more interesting than talking about something that is distant from
> what most folks here are working on.

This is a perfect example of what I mean by the "best practices" mentality:
concocting "standards" for others to follow, with a presumed license to
speak for others.

Whereas community requires one to come to the market of ideas, argue for
POVs and take back what you find useful, instead of trying to censor those
you disagree with, in case anybody's wondering whether this has any merit
beyond personal animosity.

----
Ziya

"Innovate as a last resort."