[Sigia-l] All it takes is 50 milliseconds

Trenouth, John John.Trenouth at cardinal.com
Tue Jan 17 13:40:58 EST 2006

> Only if one doesn't understand that eye tracking has very little to
> do with *understanding* what message user's eyes are taking in.

How much *understanding* happens in 50 milliseconds?  Yet the study
claims that is enough time to impact a viewer.

So perhaps eye tracking may be most valuable in revealing what visual
element viewers are *not* looking at.  It seems reasonable to assume
visual elements not seen will necessarily have no impact. I don't use
eye tracking myself, so I'm just wondering publicly.

-- john