[Sigia-l] Frustrated Mid-Level IA job seeker

Donna donna at maadmob.net
Tue Feb 28 09:35:52 EST 2006

Business analysts around here collect user requirements, determine
functionality, design interfaces, document requirements and create
functional specifications.

More usually they do it on interactive systems than informational
systems like websites.

Frequently, there are many relatively entry-level BA jobs. Most
BAs I have worked with have no qualifications or training in
requirements gathering and interface design. They just make it up
as they go along (yes, my opinion, but one based on observation
;)

Donna