[Sigia-l] Ajax vs. $$$

Fred Beecher fbeecher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 13:07:00 EDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Christopher Fahey <chris.fahey at behaviordesign.com> wrote:

> I know Ziya agrees with this. Does anyone actually disagree? Is it the IAs
> job to be a usability advocate even if their advocacy flies in the face of
> the core business objective?

You're right, it would be irresponsible of an IA to fly the usability
banner in the face of business needs. But it would also be
irresponsible to just do what the business says, because they likely
don't know their users.

As IAs, our job is to help businesses accomplish their goals in a
user-centric manner. So in this situation, where page views generate
revenue, a good IA should figure out how to add value for the user to
each one of those page views. That way the business gets their money
and the user gets some value out of their visit.

- Fred