[Sigia-l] Employee page on your intranet (prady)

prady pradyotrai at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 16:40:11 EDT 2006

, Stacy M. <ssurla at mitre.org> wrote:
> Dynamic employee pages are a very good idea.  Here's one approach.
> Take the notion of an employee "phonebook," which starts with certain
> static HR info.  Then add whatever relevant dynamic info you can get
> web services for (this will depend on what your enterprise tracks or
> can find out about the employees, but might include the projects they
> charge to, internal listservs they belong to, roles they play within
> the CMS, documents they searched for recently, things they've published
> through the intranet, upcoming or recent business travel, etc).

I got to ask this -- how reliable is this new page for employees, when
you compare it with, say, hand crafted (HR managerd.controlled)
employee page?

I just read McKinsey Quarterly article on the same stuff -- Do you
know who your experts are? (just google it, you will find it). They
are driving the same suggestion by stating that old way of building
"talent database" is unreliable because what people say about themself
(or about others) is biased information.

That begs for the question -- what's the guarentee system generated
profile will not be biased, or equally bad? I mean, people know how to
game search engines?!

> Then add interactivity one level up that lets people search for other
> people by these parameters, and produces clustered results.  One can
> keep going on and on with these ideas.

I was about to ask, what's the point of doing all this. I guess, you
are hiding the answer here :-) Probably you need to explain more along
the lines of "parameters". What you mean by that?

Thx,
Pradyot