[Sigia-l] Mac mail packages

Gino Zahnd gino at zahndindustries.com
Wed Apr 5 23:21:23 EDT 2006

I think the more interesting topic here than the Mac mail issue lies
around the following user desire:

"...the sort where I can customise EVERYTHING and am not forced to do
it the way someone else has decided is best?"

Amanda's wish really uncovers something that we all seem to struggle
with, and very much flies in the face of say, the philosophy of the
latest 37 Signals "book".  At what point do we stop feature bloat in
the name of customization, and make concrete decisions and take
responsibility for the products that we design? Personally, I don't
like to always have to think about the products I use. I just want
them to work. That isn't always the case, but more often than not it
is the case.

Amanda, I wish you the best in finding some other option.  :-)

This is also funny to me because I am currently working on a little
feature on the Push Button For site called "Why Can't I?"

Cheers,
Gino Zahnd

http://www.pushbuttonfor.org
http://chicogino.blogspot.com