[Sigia-l] data as information?

Alexander Johannesen alexander.johannesen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 01:02:12 EDT 2005

On 6/30/05, Eric Scheid <eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au> wrote:
> But there is a broad and vague concept of a cat ...

Ok, so if we're in a huge hospital, a cat is ... ? If we're on a farm,
a cat is ... ? If we're in the jungle, a cat is ... ? If we're on a
building site, a cat is ... ? If we're in the cambrium period, a cat
is ... ?

I understand that you want there to be a basic categorising property
of the word "cat", but even those basics, as has been shown over and
over, are again contextual. A cat in western history is not the same
as a cat in female hospital reality.

> Why am I now reminded of smurfs and their smurfy smurfing smurfs?

What, you feel you have a song coming on?

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert