[Sigia-l] So, how did you become a [Information Architect|UsabilityEngineer|Interface Designer|etc.]?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Mon Jun 27 00:30:47 EDT 2005

Ted Han:

> titles can be meaningful or useful

Or just the opposite!

Example: I've recently spent many, many hours (did I say I wasted many, many
hours?:-) trying to explain to upper management of a very conservative
company why their IT was utterly incapable of doing consumer-level
application strategy/design. Why? Because they gave me their chief
"Architect" (that would be a 'title' :-) and he proceeded to tell me how to
design a complex app. He was an architect alright, but a *data* architect
(and this company has terabytes of data). At first the management just
couldn't understand why their "architect" couldn't design the app. They
finally did. But that label sure wasted a lot of unnecessary time.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba