[Sigia-l] So, how did you become a [Information Architect|UsabilityEngineer|Interface Designer|etc.]?

Ted Han notheory at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 00:15:40 EDT 2005

On 6/27/05, Alexander Johannesen <alexander.johannesen at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is not an confrontation; it is me pushing the discussion further. Sorry. :)

Sorry, sometimes hard to interpret tone via email. :)

> Short summary : It's not about labels; it's about people and what and
> how they do things. Labels is a mirage in which people who require
> titles and easy fast digestive "something" can hide behind. Like Anne
> said: it's not about titles, but about skillsets.

Okay :) I don't think we have a substantitve disagreement.  I agree
that the label is something that is not an intrinsic property of a
skill set.  And although labels don't necessarily indicate anything,
and although i do believe (just as you indicated) that if one thinks
IA is important that one should incorporate it into what they do, that
titles can be meaningful or useful as Donna pointed out previously.

-T