[Sigia-l] is it just me, or is it really hard to find IAs

Donna Maurer donna at maadmob.net
Fri Apr 1 16:35:23 EST 2005

I described this yesterday to someone as a bell curve. I do a little work with the team
at the beginning of a project, gradually increase, do the bulk where my skills lie and
gradually decrease. This can keep me involved throughout the project, picking up all
the detailed background as things start, and provide enough time for
continuity/changes/maintaining direction as the project wraps up - actually that can be
quite a long tail.

Maybe this is the model you could approach when talking to freelancers, rather than a
start-work-deliver model. It is a little harder for the freelancer to time-manage as the
tails of the jobs will cross, but it can work out ;)

Donna

--
Donna Maurer
blog: http://maadmob.net/donna/blog/