[Sigia-l] ZIYA ROCKS! (was: list constitution)

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Thu Mar 11 13:16:45 EST 2004

I normally do this sort of thing privately, off list, but I call attention
to the "rules" below.

It is no more right to trash Zia than anyone else.

While there is no desire to stamp out the personality of the IA list (which
I really love -- feisty, irreverent, etc.), neither is there a desire to see
the list distracted or degenerating into fragmenting the community it was
intended to help build.

I will return to _private_ admonitions.

Dick Hill

 1.Avoid negative comments about any individual. If there is a problem with
someone on the list, then e-mail that person
     directly. Also, avoid mention of any names if the associated comment is
not positive.

   5.Do not forward private e-mails to the list.  It is OK to copy part of a
message that has appeared on the list, but it is not
     permitted to copy or forward part or all of a message that someone sent
to you off-list.

   6.Stick to the topic of Information Architecture.

   7.Every e-mail should have added value/substance. "Me too" mail without
added value is not acceptable.

Richard Hill
Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
Voice: (301) 495-0900
www.asis.org