[Sigia-l] RE: tenets, principles, standards

david_fiorito at vanguard.com david_fiorito at vanguard.com
Wed Jan 7 16:43:10 EST 2004

Todd,

I agree that practice standards should not be unified across "our
discipline" but there seems to be a great level of resistance to even
defining "our discipline".  I am of the opinion that the term "Information
Architect" and "Information Architecture" need to be clarified and better
defined so "our discipline" can move forward.
Practice standards are only really valuable at the level of the enterprise
so IA work can be executed with consistency and continuity over time no
matter how many IAs a given company may have over the course of its
history.

Cheers,

Dave