[Sigia-l] Usability Engineer Position - Minneapolis

Jeremy Harrington jeremy.harrington at crawlspacemedia.com
Wed Jan 7 15:40:04 EST 2004

A Product Lifecycle Management Company  has an immediate opening for a
Usability Engineer in it's Arden Hills, MN office.  Please contact
deedee.demulling at ugsplm.com for further information.

Job Description:

Creating and Maintaining Usability Group Teamcenter wide documentation
and communication.  We currently have UI Guidelines, UI Design Patterns
and the Usability Newsletter that are updated quarterly to reflect our
iterative design process and user validation process.

This person will also be practicing user centered design activities
throughout the software development lifecycle to include Analysis,
Design, Testing and Training with guidance from other members of the
Usability team.  We provide services and collaborate on software design
with a variety of our product teams.  Services include: User and task
analysis, conceptual design, prototyping, usability testing and
usability training

Prerequisites and Essential Functions:
Maintain current Usabilty Team documents that are used across the
product suite.
Collect and Distribute the quarterly newsletter for the Usabiltiy team
to the entire organization.
Gather and review user and task data from a variety of sources
Develop usability test plans and conduct usability tests
Gather and analyze customer data
Assist in developing curriculum and teaching usability courses to
various groups in the organization
Ensure user interface design consistency across all product modules
Work with the usability, product and developtment teams to develop and
write standards and guidelines
Assist with user interface specifications
Collaborate with product teams to prioritize usability issues
Understand and promote the process of user-centered design

The Ideal Candidate will have:
BA/BS in Technical Communication, Human-Computer Interaction, Human
Factors Psychology/Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, Industrial
Design, Visual Design, or related field.
One or more years of software team experience
One or more years of experience in technical communications or user
interface design
Excellent organizational and communication skills
Knowledge of customer data gathering and analysis methods such as
contextual inquiries, user profiling, task analysis, focus groups, etc.
Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams of designers, software
developers, QA staff, technical writers, and external consultants and
clients
An understanding of the software development process
The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively to bring projects
to completion
Experience in Product Data Management, Product Lifecycle Management is
a plus
Someone who has a passion for improving the user experience and a
willingness to learn the user centered design process

If interested, please email your resume to deedee.demulling at ugsplm.com