[Sigia-l] What makes an IA good at what he or she does?

Arthur Fink arthur at arthurfink.com
Fri Feb 13 21:07:38 EST 2004

At 03:18 PM 2/13/2004, Listera wrote:

>Yes, but this too could be refactored further, even to the point of
>eliminating the entire screen altogether. There are amazing tools that
>reduce screens of data points to a single distilled number in medical
>diagnosis, risk management, asset allocation, credit card fraud, security
>assessment, etc. It all depends on how far down you want to dig and whether
>it makes economic sense to do so. In other words, somebody's outside box
>could be inside someone else's. It's a matter of perspective.

When the collector is calling the debtor, it's certainly important that
basic information about the debts being collected be on the screen.  What
was in question was all the historical data ... past debts, past promises
to pay, performance on those promises.  I belive that these can be reduced
to one or a few indices -- perhaps a performance rating indicating how
agreements were kept, and a confidence rating, indicating how many
experience there have been, and a repayment total.

    Arthur Fink Consulting  ·  arthur at ArthurFink.com
     Ten New Island Avenue  ·  Listening to users
Peaks Island, Maine 04108  ·  Designing for people
http://www.ArthurFink.com  ·  User interfaces that work
              207.766.5722  ·  Progress training + consulting